• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9-Can a Deleted Folder be Readded?

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project that was created in RoboHelp 7 was opened in RoboHelp 9 to be worked on.  There were many broken links and some of them could not be restored.  I had to recreate these from scratch.  Some of the Folders existed and some did not due to updates that needed to be done to the document. One Folder that did exist acted odd.  When I added the topic to it, nothing displayed.  I deleted the topic and tried again.  The same thing occurred.  I then deleted the Folder thinking I could re-add it.  Oops...now I am unable to re-add the folder, I receive an error message stating there is a problem.

The error message title reads RoboHelp HTML.

The error itself states: An error occurred while trying to save data to <C:\Documents and Settings\mwhiteh\My Documents\My RoboHelp

Projects\e-CLAS CPP for Agencies\e-CLAS CPP for Agencies\Inland Marine Coverage\Policy Level

Coverage\Builders_Risk_Reporting_Property_at_Unscheduled_Storage_Locations\Builders_Risk_Reporting_Property_

at_Unscheduled_Storage_Locations.fpj> <5>.

The folder I am trying to add is named Builders Risk Reporting at Unscheduled Storage Locations.

When I go under C:, to the folder containing my RoboHelp Projects, I do see a folder under Inland Marine which is already named the same, but there are no topics contained in the folder.

Should I delete this folder? Will I then be able to add the folder within RoboHelp?

Thank you very much! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there are more characters in the path than in a topic.

You are trying to create a folder but RoboHelp is not letting you create it where you want and when you look at that location in Windows Explorer, there is already an empty folder there, correct?

If that is the case, then why not delete the folder in Windows Explorer, or just rename it if in doubt?

It's either that or that quite simply RoboHelp 9 will not let you create a path that long. Try moving, or just copying e-CLAS CPP for Agencies etc to the root of your C drive.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I bet it is the path name being too long because I have a Headquarters guide of the same and it has to be on C: root.  So that is most likely the problem then.

Our coverage names are too long.  I try to make save name shorter when I create my topics but for the folders themselves, they have to show the full name for the index.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practices is to ignore that "My RH Projects" folder and create a c:\projects\ folder to hold your projects in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It definetly the problem with the path too long as it is esceeding 256 characters, please try using a folder in the C: (C Drive) to keep the Projects to vaoid such issue.

Hope this will help

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp