Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-sizing the project after recording

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My colleague has created a recorded project on logging into and using one of our organisations computer systems.

Unfortunately she has recorded in a screen size that is too large for our IT systems when it is displayed.

She has resized from 1024x768 to 800x600 but it appears as if the recorded text entries have not scaled properly.

There seems to be no way to move these as you cannot click on them to drag them to the correct location.

I have attached a scren shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Is there any way of moving these text entries?

I look forward to your answers! I'm just desperately hoping there is a way of doing this otherwise it means re-recording about 500 slides!

Cheers

screencap.jpg

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you install the patch released in December 2010? If not, please do.

What were the settings when rescaling the project: was it set to rescale captions...?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

Hi Lilybiri,

Not sure if the December patch has been installed, it is unlikely though.

As for the settings, it was set to rescale from 1024x768 > 800x600 with the captions and boxes etc also set to reseize.

Rod has said that the captures are handled differently in the slides and that the typing is plotted with pixel precision. This apparently doesn't change with the resize.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try to install the patch, it solved a lot of issues, also with rescaling.

So you are pointing at Typing objects (I do not like them at all because of the lack of control). Perhaps this workaround, although cumbersome, could save you to have to recapture: replace the Typing object by a Text Animation (use right-click menu). You have a lot more control over that animation and the experience for the user is practically the same.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Lilybiri.

That's exactly the workaround Rod suggested to me.

Great minds eh?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps just simply coincidence, Rod and myself do not always propose the same solutions, that is what is so great in a user forum.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll go with the great minds I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources