• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validating Drop Down Menu

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya this is my first post on this forum after 8 years using various RoboHelp products and I am completely stumped.

I am trying to create a Form in RoboHelp HTML, which is to be output as WebHelp, containing a drop down menu. I want the various links in the list to appear in the drop down and then the user to select a Go button to launch that site.

I understand I may have to construct a custom script to enable this. However, my Java is completly non existent. Can anyone suggest a way to validate a drop down menu form?

The HTML of the cut down code is as follows;

<form method="get" name="form1" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

action="" style="width: 100%;">

<p><select name="Select 1" size="1">

<option value="http://intralink/2/pension/applications/Calculators/age_calculator.xls">AIP Run On Calculator</option>

<option value="http://bankval/bw2.asp">Bank Wizard</option>

<option value="../Frequently_Asked_questions/faq_0010.htm">Frequently Asked Questions</option>

</select>

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We resolved this by email. No need to jump in.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi folks

I know that Willam said it's been resolved and that's great.

I'm posting to add information in the event someone stumbles across this down the road.

RoboHelp HTML is an HTML Help System management tool. It is *NOT* a forms creation and processing tool! Sure, most, if not all, HTML editors sport the ability to insert form elements. RoboHelp HTML is no different in this respect. It does allow insertion of Text Fields, Drop-down menus and other "Form" elements. But that's where it ends.

Generally speaking, for a form to do much of anything useful, you need some way to gather and process the data collected by the form. From this standpoint RoboHelp HTML will do absolutely nothing to assist you. You will need to develop other skills if you want to move beyond simple insertion of the form elements.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp