Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

W/video Captivate advances to next slide, even when buttons are present

Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I have my projects slides set up were it takes not action at the end of its duration and all of its elements are set to last as long as the slide.

There is a forward button and a back button. both have the 'pause slide untill clicked' feature selected.

I have added FLV/F4V content to the slide. When the video finishes playing it advances to the next slide.

Im lost whats going on here? I would like the video to just fade away when its done and only advance when the user clicks the next button.

Am I going to once again 'trick' an adobe program in to doing what I need it to do?

If so whats that trick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Some questions :

1) Do you want to advance the slide or video, when user clicks the next button ?

2) Which version of Captivate are you using and on which OS ?

There are several options in the properties of Video :

In Timing you can select different options like "Display For" and "Appear After".

In Transition you can select Effects, plus you can alter Effects by seconds as well

Hope it helps !!

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I used Insert Slide Video. After video finishes, project advances to next slide, though I don't want it to. Only happens on slides with Slide Video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insert a click box or a button on the slide containing video. This will pause the playback.

If you will use a click box, and cover your entire slide with it, then it will pause the project and you can click anywhere on the slide to continue the project.

The Click box is transparent by default, your video will be clearly visible to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful when adding an interactive object (click box or button) to the slide: be sure that the pausing point of that object is after the end of the video, or the video will be paused as well.

If you use the click box, extend its duration for the rest of the slide (CTRL-E) because its pausing point is at the end of its timeline.

For a button you can move the pausing point or set it in its Timing accordion of the Properties panel.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the Click Box worked. And yes, Lilybiri, I had to play around with the location of it on the timeline. I ended up placing it after the video.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources