• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating a Mini TOC with linked headings

Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having problems creating a mini TOC which links to the internal headings within a section.

I got started using the info on Peter Grainge's page-fantastic information resource for beginners.

I inserted a mini-TOC, but I don't have Headings 2 to 6, instead have differen tstyle mappings.

Where is the style sheet to edit these, not obvious in the Format Placeholder dialog box?

I'm only interested in a TOC for the equivalent of Headings 1, 2 & 3 to make it easier to see what's

included in each section of a User Guide.

I'm very new to RoboHelp and  received the full license last week for the latest version of the TCS,

following an evaluation at the beginning of the year.

Any help as to what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated. Someone called Rick has a

great looking TOC with an image, and then a list of topics, how on earth did he produce this?

Best wishes,

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

Not sure if I'm the Rick person you are referring to here. Where did you see this TOC? Can you post a screen grab?

Generally speaking, you would apply Headings 1, 2 or 3 to your topic content. The TOC placeholder then keys off those. So the first step is to assign the heading levels to your content where you want them to appear.

Just click in a line you want to be Heading 1, 2 or 3 and press Ctrl+Alt+1 for Heading 1, Ctrl+Alt+2 for Heading 2 and Ctrl+Alt+3 for Heading 3.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Judging by the links at the bottom of the page you are the Rick I was referring to.

I think I'm doing something really stupid, which is not obvious to experienced RoboHelp

users. I've just tried reassigning my heading levels, but still no links in the mini-TOC.

I think I might go back to maintaining an Fm doc with and without mini TOCs,

can't take longer than the afternoon I've spent getting it wrong.

Thanks for your help though,

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp