• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp skin: add custom text in the navigation toolbar?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Robohelp 8.0.0.208 and I would like to customize a skin for a webhelp output: add a title (personal text) in the navigation panel just after the print button (see screenshot).

Webhelp skin with title.gif

For now, the best solution I found is to add a custom button which only contains a title ( no picture and no action related to the button).  Of course this solution make the "title" button reactive which is not corresponding to I want to do (add passive text).

Is there a way to do so?

I alreday searched in the "Skinny on skins" file but without succes...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Isn't it funny sometimes how the universe works? As luck would have it, I was working with this exact thing just last night for some folks participating in a RoboHelp class I'm facilitating.

Here's my first effort:

(Click the image to see a larger and more detailed view)

tmp1.PNG

So now to answer the inevitable question about how I achieved this.

I was supplied an image that they wish to use for the header. I then used the WebHelp Skins editor and configured this image as the background image for the main toolbar.

tmp2.png

Lastly I created buttons that were mostly transparent images but having verbiage positioned so it appeared in the little green banner near the bottom. This was the tricksiest bit. Lots of trial and error to get the text positioned properly.

selsearch.png unsearch.png

So there you have it! Hope it helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your help. It nearly solved our issue.

We put the "title" in the background picture but now we have a problem with the "About button". As we put our own logo in that button, we now have an overlay problem.

chevauchement.gif

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Robohelp 9 (trial version) and created a Help System header that I uploaded as my background image - just how you explained it.

When I went to preview this, the background image shows up multiple times throughout the top of the help system window.

How can you set the background image so it only appears one time? I set my background image to 800x600.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As far I know about Robohelp skins, you can not configure your skin so the background image does not repeat.

The best solution I found is to use an image larger than your screen. To give you an idea, the picture I use is 2000x85 px.

Hope these explanation will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that tip! I appreciate it. I will make that change to my image and see what happens...

Thanks again!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with the repeating image in the header.  If you are feeling adventurous, you can alter

the whskin_tbars.htm file.  If you do this though, every time you generate the Help, RoboHelp will overwrite the file.  So you have to keep a copy somewhere safe, then whenever you re-generate the help, copy the revised file back in.

Open the folder wherever your generated output is and find whskin_tbars.hm.

Open with Notepad.

Just after the </head> tag, find the line that looks like this:

<body marginheight="0"  marginwidth="0"  bgcolor="#33424c"  background-image="mylogo.png" scroll="no">

Change as follows:

<body marginheight="0"  marginwidth="0"  style="background-color: #33424c; background-image: mylogo.png; background-repeat: no-repeat;" scroll="no">

Save and close.

Keep a copy of this file somewhere safe.  Each time you generate the help, copy this file into your output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will try that!

What RoboHelp version are you using to customize the template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sady, we're still on RH7.  Hoping to finally upgrade to RH8 in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp