Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken links issue

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a  Robohelp Project file. This file was earlier upgraded from version 7 to 8. After the upgrade, I had worked on this file to update a few topics, generated the output and everything was working fine, including the links. This update occurred a couple of months ago.

(We have to update this file periodically once a month or so.)

When I tried to open the same file today to include some updates, I see a number of broken links and I am not sure how the Project file which was perfectly fine a few months ago has so many broken links for no rhyme or reason.

Could anyone help me fix this issue please?

Thank you

ACookemane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be that you have not applied patch 802. See Opening Projects on my site. 802 is a critical update and how to fix the damage done by not applying it is covered in that article.

I will shortly be moving this post to the RoboHelp HTML forum as this forum is for problems with HTML Help - as in CHMs.That may break the link to this thread as we are not sure if a forum problem has been fixed. I will wait until you confirm you have seen this reply, then the thread will move to http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_html

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I will go through the topic that you have recommended

and try the fix.

Thank you

anu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, It worked. I followed your instructions and installed the required updates and the issue was fixed.

Thank you so much for your help.

anu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp