Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing JPGs

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have hundreds of jpegs to import over several different captivate projects, and I want them all to import to the same position on the screen. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to manually do each one?

Thanks,

Mike

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of that accordion, highlighted the arrow in yellow, it will open a menu where you can choose Apply to....

Lilybiri

PositionSize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am on a Mac with OS X 10.6.6 running Captivate 5.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You will have to put them on different slides, one per slide? It will be manual work, but some tips could help you save time:

• import all the JPEG's to the library at once
  • arrange your workspace so that the timeline is near to the library, and drag each image on the slide where you want it to be
  • edit one image on one slide, put it in the correct position with the Size&Postion accordion
  • use the small curved arrow in the top right (hope it is there in Mac, I'm on Win) of this accordion to apply this to all items of same style; there is one drawback; if your images have different sizes they will all be put to the same size as well (I do not like this link between size and position at all).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

It is 1 jpeg/slide, and the slides are all set up with dimensions etc. and are all the same dimensions. I set the first one when I wanted it and moving forward I have manually entered the x and y position points to set the rest.

but, where is the arrow you are talking about in the windows version? i'll check and see if it is there for mac.

Thanks!

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction, all slides and all jpegs are set to be the same dimensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of that accordion, highlighted the arrow in yellow, it will open a menu where you can choose Apply to....

Lilybiri

PositionSize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow do i wish i found that sooner/remembered that. now if i can try your word docs and get it working for the captions i'll be all set.

thanks,

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

It is really too tiny, you'll see a lot of those small arrows in the Properties panel, with each of them you can apply that type of changes to all objects (of same style). It is useful, but for tired eyes difficult to discover

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources