Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivation issue

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are  trying to deactivate RH8 on one laptop in order to activate

on another laptop (different owner). While we have the CD and box and packaging, there doesn't seem to be a serial number on any of it, which we need to install RH8 on the second laptop. We spent almost an hour with Adobe support chatting how to resolve and in the end, Adobe informed us they could not help us.Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going online and using the Adobe Licensing website? The serial numbers are all listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Surely that will only work if the purchase was direct from Adobe?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know - our company bought TCS through an Adobe reseller & all of our serial numbers are recorded on licensing.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! Maybe your company registers its software. If that is the case I wonder if Luviola did?

The number is usually stuck on well. I will look in the morning to see exactly where.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Peter and Jeff. Adobe support said it's a 24

character number. Does that sound right? Because none of the stickers that we have have 24 numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, and where would the number be located --on the disk or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number is six blocks of four.

As to where it is, that's what I am going to look at in the morning. I'm in the UK and it is mid-evening here.

To the best of my recollection it is stuck to the DVD case, it is certainly not on the disk.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number was on the DVD case. Bottom left corner on the back. I believe that is where Adobe always put it. It does not appear anywhere else, not on the box or the disk.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for following this through, Peter. Unfortunately, either someone removed it from my CD case or it was never there. We are still trying to resolve this through Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry to butt in, but wanted to share some things I learned.

Peter and I have been working on this in parallel and I just received this helpful link from Adobe Technical Support. For folks who find this thread in the future, this link may help.

Find a serial number:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/152/tn_15290.html

Here's another good one:

Activation, deactivation | Adobe products
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/100/1008779.html

I've been in the same spot you are šŸ™‚

Even though formal registration is not mandatory, it can be helpful down the road and this is one of those cases.

I know. It's a bother to go through the registration process especially when you're concerned that it might mean followup marketing emails, etc.

You can be opt out of those emails and still benefit from registering. This way, your Serial Number is kept accessible which makes it not only easier for you to find your SN, but for the technical support folks who want to help.

Another wrinkle is that sometimes a product is purchased by the author personally or it could be on their behalf by a company. Sometimes it is part of a volume license agreement which further complicates matters. So, if a serial number has been lost there must be some person (or company's name or 3rd party vendor's name )  that is tied to the purchase so that technical support can help you retrieve the number.

Hopefully, you can locate the name of the purchasing person or company whose name you can give to Adobe. In any event, let us know how it goes.

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to a CD case. It comes in a DVD case. Are you sure that is not hanging around somewhere?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my mistake. they are the same size and I misspoke.

Still working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John and all who helped with the deactivation issue:

We resolved this by locating the person in our company who made a request to buy RH8 more than a year ago. She had kept the email chain of approvals and one of these persons was able to come up with a serial number. Lot of old fashioned retracing your steps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp