• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to automate actions within RH?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

RH8, chm files (although we will be moving to WebHelp in the near future).

We have a project that we use to show the table schemes for our database. It is created by importing the table definitions (html files) into the project whenever they're updated, and recompiling.

I'm not aware of how to use RHCL to automate the deletion, import, and etc. of topics within Robohelp, but there's pressure on me to automate this, so I'm hoping someone might know of a way.

The basic process is:

Delete existing table definition HTML files out of a sub-folder in the project.

Import the new table definitions into this folder. (to make things simple, we just mass delete and import instead of worrying about finding the new and edited ones, and deleting the deleted ones). These files serve as the topics in this project.

Apply the stylesheets to these new files. (this is the only 'editing' we do to these topic files)

It's fairly simple and straight-forward, the issue is simply that we do this manually. Is anyone aware of a way of automating:

1. Deleting a topic out of an RH project.

2. Importing a topic into an RH project.

3. Applying a .css to a topic.

Ideas?

PS: We use FinalBuilder to automate the building of our help files, if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use SyncBack by 2BrightSparks, a free utility (you can also buy more features in the SE version) with a scheduling function.

You could set up whatever configuration you want (deleting or not deleting during the synchronize process).

As for step 3, you could use a tool like FAR to add the line of code for the css file inside the head section of each related file (probably before you run the Synch process).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think the obvious answer to me is ExtendScript. Watch the video by John Daigle for an introduction: http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/robohelp/videos/ It does take some time to get to know it.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp