Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set margins for list numbering

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a lot of

lists in a project and the margins and indents change all the time. How do I set the margins and how to get them stable? In Word, lists are part of styles, but in RH, what are they considered? I don't see the list numbers in the styles and formatting pod. also when I select the text with the numbering, the style list usually says "normal."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can be styles in RH too. If you are using RH8 or RH9 you could consider using the multi-level list functionality.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the multilevel seems the best way. However, when trying to indent you can't see how it relates to the other levels and it doesn't tell you how many specific points. Is there any way other than trial and error to set this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a detailed topic on multi level lists on my site that covers those points.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp