• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML stopped working

Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use the drop-down feature quite extensively in my help files. I was testing some additional DHTML features, such as mouse-overs. Now, none of my DHTML is working. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nicole B.
Robohelp x5.0.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole

Even in a brand spankin new topic? Or only in an existing topic?

If it's only in an existing topic, try creating a new topic and testing. Sometimes, you will find that you cannot easily combine some of the DHTML effects and have them all work. Only trial and error will truly tell what works versus what doesn't.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Funny you should reply, I was just on your site to see if I could find the answer there! :-)

My DHTML no longer works for entire projects (I have several). I checked this with new and existing topics, and in a couple different projects, but no luck.

I'm not very technical, but could something be happening with the way RoboHelp is handling the Java Script?

Thanks!
~Nicole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2006 Jul 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick did ask if you had tried it in a new project. It sounds like you have tried it in new topics but that is not the same thing.

We need to know if you have just broken things in your existing projects or completely.

If it does not work in a new project, my first attempt would be to uninstall and reinstall RH in the hope that would repair things.

After that you will need to retrace what you did if things are still not working.

Post back if you are still in trouble.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I reinstalled RoboHelp (plus the two updates) and still have the problem even with new projects.

My steps before it stopped working... I was testing RoboHelp with an image map created in Illustrator. I imported the HTML from Illustrator into my project, then added a mousover effect and link to each image section. I used a custom color for the mouse-over effect, but other than that, left the effect as is. This worked well for two days, but then stopped working. The drop down text also stopped working in both the preview pane and generated help files. All of my projects are affected, not just the one I was working in.

I would be happy to zip up a project or post some code if you think it would help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If the problem exists with new projects, I doubt it is worth looking at any of them. However, you are quite welcome to create a new project with one topic with a dropdown in it and send it to me.

In fact, let's try that before resorting to anything else.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp