• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debug version of Flash Player required for debugging?

Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I currently have the debug version of Flash Player 10.2 installed, but I frequently get an annoying error when visiting sites that offer video (such as cnn.com):

SecurityError: Error #2000: No active security context.

This causes Flash to hang and crash about 75% of the time (I can't dismiss or continue past the error), and I end up looking at that little "frowning lego" that allows me to send a crash report.

I'd really like to uninstall the debug version of Flash player so I don't have to deal with this, but will that prevent me from debugging my projects from within Flash Builder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Nobody who knows can just give a quick answer? I have to go to the trouble of removing the debug player and installing the regular player to find out (plus then reinstall the debug player if debugging in Flash Builder no longer works)?

Come on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashBuilder 4.5 has the option to specify the debug player explicitly. Go to Window->Preferences->FlashBuilder->Debug dialog and specify the path to DebugPlayer executable. You should be able to debug AIR apps with this player. Please note that you would still need the debug player installed in your browser to debug Flex applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines