• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to change the color of my font in Premiere Pro titles?

Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, a search at premiere pro help produced zero results.

Is this possible?

I just want to change the font color of my title lettering.

Matt Dubuque

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Matt,

You are missing a Panel in the Titler Pane. Go to Window>Title Properties, and open that. There, you will see the Fill, Stroke, and oh, so much more.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the title either in the timeline or project window and it will open.

Select text and go to Fill section and change the colour by clicking on the color picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann,

Sounds like I'm close.

I can't find the Fill section that you describe below and a search under "Title Fill" in premiere pro did not produce anything.

Where might it be in the screen shot below?

Screen shot 2011-04-16 at 4.41.22 PM.png

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

You are missing a Panel in the Titler Pane. Go to Window>Title Properties, and open that. There, you will see the Fill, Stroke, and oh, so much more.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, the missing link!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's intense.  What an improvement!

matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panels can become closed with just errant clicks. Your screen-cap was the clue - thanks for that.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I try to make screen caps a key part of my posts.

One of the most horrible things about the Apple Support forums when I had to get up to speed on both FCP and their DVD authoring program in a hurry, was that they did not permit users to post screen shots.

One picture being worth a thousand words, it became incredibly inefficient and time consuming just to ask one question with a sufficient level of granularity so as to not pose a hardship for those trying to help.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Titler in Premiere has suffered an issue for ever and ever.

The Panes float and shift around within the Main Window.   I guess thats why they call them 'pains"!

I am over being frustrated by it.  Its become normal for me  to have the Titler open just how it chooses to and then I go and set it up again. ( and again...and again..)

"the  pain in the pane is mainly on the pane"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool.  Everything has been such a whirlwind as I countdown to submittal, but upon reflection I do recall seeing that very nice Pane (pain) when I first opened Titling 10 days ago and am persuaded I did not make it disappear through keystrokes or mouse clix of my own.

i'm pretty cautious about that kind of thing.

Thanks!

matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro 2023 to change text color:  select  the Effect Control -  click on Graphics - Text - Souce Text

-click on the Fill box to select the color and on the right panel,  choose the color.   

It's frustrating to adjust and change Text/Font color in Premiere Pro, just follow the above steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines