• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Document is not licensed for this device type"

Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an e-textbook, and I'm trying to transfer read access from an old computer to a newer computer. The e-textbook file cannot be downloaded again from the publisher's site (Aspen, aspenlaw.com/ecasebook). I understand that access can be tied to a particular device. However, I don't need access on both computers, so is there any way to remove access from the older computer and add access to the newer one?

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting this message, the document is permanently tied to your old computer and cannot be transferred to a different device.  If you look at the item information (Reading > Item Info, or [Ctrl]+ in ADE for Windows) on the old computer, you will see that the publisher has allowed viewing on that computer (device) only.

For an item to be transfered to a different computer, the publisher would have had to allow viewing on any device. The permissions would then be associated with your Adobe account, rather than the specific device/computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I was able to get permission to access the content on the new computer from the publisher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is great news!  I'm glad the publisher stepped up to help you out.

Too many businesses will tell a customer, "there's nothing we can do," when the real truth is "there's nothing we're willing to do."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines