• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing pdf/odp files as background

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My manager came to me today asking if cp5 supports either pdf files or odp files that can be imported as powerpoint slides? There's no direct/easy way that I could find to achieve this, so I'm opening up to the people in this forum for a workaround. I've tried to export the odp files at ppt files and CP5 did not like that, I've also tried to import the pdf a few different ways and could not get my desired results.

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not tried this as I don't have any odp files, so it may not work, but ...

You mention ppt files which is the old Powerpoint type. Can you open the odp in Powerpoint 2007 or later?

If you can open it and then save as pptx - not ppt -  then you might be able to rip the source image from there.

pptx files are just zip files - rename the extension and you should be able to extract all the media objects in standard images formats that Cp understands.

In fact, you might even be able to rename the odp as a zip without needing to go through powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, I forgot to mention, the whole reason for me testing this out is so we do not have to keep updating licenses for MS office. Since .odp files are open source my manager wants to keep costs down and go this route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources