• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menus not Displaying Properly

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that not all of the main menus are displaying. In particular, the Insert, DHTML, and Table menus are completely missing--the menu name doesn't even show up in the toolbar, so there's nothing to click. My customized menus are also missing. The only time I can see them is when I am in the Customize window--as soon as I close out of it, they all completely disappear again.

In troubleshooting this, so far I've tried:

• Right-click toolbar area > Customize > Select Options > Always Show Full Toolbars > Close. As soon as I click close, the menus disappear again.
  • Customize > Commands > New Menu. Create a customized menu called InsertThis and manually add the same commands to it that are in the Insert menu. As soon as I click close, the menus (including the new, customized menu), completely disappear. (So apparently customized menus also won't display.)
  • Customize > Commands > add various menu commands to the toolbars. Close. They stay there, visible, no problem. (So apparently only the menus are affected--not the toolbars.)
  • Restart RoboHelp. No change.
  • Restart computer. No change.

Anybody have an idea why these menus aren't displaying properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Hi there

Try this. Right-click the menu area and choose customize. This will open the Customize dialog. From the Toolbars tab, ensure the Menu Bar is selected. Then click the Reset... button.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I'm using the latest version of RoboHelp 9. (And I've checked to see if there were any updates--there aren't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try this. Right-click the menu area and choose customize. This will open the Customize dialog. From the Toolbars tab, ensure the Menu Bar is selected. Then click the Reset... button.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting Menu Bar and then clicking Reset did the trick! Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I loaded RoboHelp 9 today, it displayed a message saying that due to a software update, the menu bar has changed and would I like to reload it. Or something like that (don't remember exact verbiage). So I clicked OK. When I did, the menu went back to having the same exact problem as before--menus missing. So I repeated the process above. This time it doesn't work. Even after restarting. Tried several times. So frustrating. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NM. I just got it to work (went into a document and then tried again. This time it worked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp