• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images lost when compiling in version 5.0.2

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit and/or preview my helps, I can see screen captures. However, when I compile the helps, many of the images are not there.

If I go into the files and and copy/paste any image, then the rest within that document will be recognized when I compile the helps. However, if I close the application those associations are usually lost again.

Also, if I rename images and put them into specific folders (trying to force the associations), they seem to randomly disappear from the image folder over several sessions. The images still show up when I edit and preview, but robohelp does not recognize them again when I compile and they DO NOT show up in my image list anywhere.

I need assistance in resolving this, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

RH for Word or RH HTML?

Which version?

Which output?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem as you have. Have you found the solution yet? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue. I'm using RoboHelp 7, outputting a .chm file. My images appear in the topic, they appear in preview, and they appear in the compiled chm. But they do not appear in my Project Manager, in the folder structure. They were there a few days ago, though!

ANY help would be appreciated. I'm a bit nervous as this project is due very soon, and missing image files worry me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue. I'm using RoboHelp 7, outputting a .chm file. My images appear in the topic, they appear in preview, and they appear in the compiled chm. But they do not appear in my Project Manager, in the folder structure. They were there a few days ago, though!

ANY help would be appreciated. I'm a bit nervous as this project is due very soon, and missing image files worry me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the folder they are in showing in Project Manager? If not, create it with exactly the same name as in Windows Explorer.

After that, create a backup and then rename the project. The process that kicks off can restore missing items. You can rename it back to the original. Backup first though at this stage of the game.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. BTW, I've been all over your website - it's very informative, we always look there first here at work. Thanks for putting it up there.

Anyway, the folder does appear in Project Manager with about a dozen images in it. The other 100+ images are not showing up in the folder (they are on disk and appear as described above). I tried renaming the project anyway, but to no avail. It's just really strange behavior...do you know of anything else that might work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the folder with the images.

If that fails, try deleting the CPD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the file did the trick!! THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Renaming the folder did the trick!! THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp