• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp not displaying

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having problems displaying RoboHelp WebHelp generated from RoboHelp 8 on a non-HTTPS server.

They have attributed it to the small bit of XML code that is appended to the beginning of each page. If they strip that off, the page loads fine.

That small bit of code is on every page. We can't hand-remove it every time we publish...

Our developement team says RoboHelp 7 didn't have that code during our last release and it displayed fine.

This seemed to be the most related thread to our problem without starting another thread.

Thanks,

Judy

Maryland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy

Does it change if you click Tools > Options > General and enable the option labeled "Convert RoboHelp Edited Topics to HTML"?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have branched this into a new thread as the one you attached to was for a problem with an HTTPS server and you state that is not what you are using.

If what Rick has suggested does not fix the problem, then I suspect the cause is what is known as the BOM (Byte Order Mark). That would indicate that your server does not support UTF-8 encoding. If that is the case, can it be changed? Speak to your IT people on that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D00D!

I sure hope so. I've just re-generated and uploaded for the developers. They're going to grab it first thing and we'll find out in the morning. For right now, I'm going home. If it works, it will be the first thing that's gone right in two days.

Why isn't that button grouped with the rest of the Help Generate/Publish settings? That would have been a convenient place for it! I could have found it. I even searched the help for help and didn't see anything about it. (I write help, so yes, I actually use it when I can. haha.)

Anyway, I'll let you know how it turned out. Thanks for the tip either way.

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, Don't EVEN get me started on logical groupings of features in RoboHelp.

Your Community Professionals have offered their own views. And factions at Adobe shot them down because they said they had no merit.

But what do we know? All we do is actually USE the application every day.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick.

That was the problem. Both of my RoboHelp projects have been converted back to HTML, regenerated, and redistributed. I feel so much better! (Especially as I was the one who pushed for the upgrade. lol)

But when generating/publishing WebHelp, having the option to choose, "Do I want to convert files to HTML? or XML?" would be a very handy place for that feature. (hint hint hinty hint hint!) I'm so subtle.

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The options should be in the layout as you could want different outputs in each layout. The options are HTML or XHTML.

Rick's signature has a link to the feature request page. Submit a request.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp