• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving mouse's location, post-FMR?

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the grand scheme of things, this is more of an annoyance than anything, but I hope someone can help. In my Cap 5 project, I've got a few slides with FMR--in all cases, the cursor highlights text to remove it. Unfortunately, in the next screen (post-FMR), the mouse's movement starts in the upper left side of the screen. This is a bit confusing for my intended audience, since the field that I just highlighted was in the middle of the screen:

Capture.JPG

I know how to edit the mouse's starting position at the beginning of my capture but I can't seem to find how to edit it mid-project. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround is to add an extra slide right after the FMR slide and set it to only one tenth of a second duration. Have the mouse on this slide jump from the position at the end of the slide before the FMR to the mouse position right at the end of the FMR.  Because it happens so quickly, the user doesn't notice the jump in mouse position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius!! The only problem I found was that there was a brief but noticeable flash of white. I fixed that by duplicating the background from the slide I used before the FMR. As you said, it was only there for a fraction of a second but the transition appeared seamless. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can remove the "flash of white" by using the same background graphic on the short duration slide as the slide that follows it.  This doesn't add any filesize as Captivate is just reusing the same graphic from the Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources