10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 10:09 AM by Jody Bleyle RSS

OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live

abdutr Community Member

When I try to play an HTTP Live Stream using OSMF Player, I get "URL missing from Media tag" error.

I installed Flash MS4.0 with Apache2.2.

My live manifest file (f4m) is below.

http://localhost/live/events/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent.f4m

<manifest>

<id> livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent </id>
      <mimeType> </mimeType>
      <streamType> live </streamType>
      <duration> 0 </duration>
      <media streamId="livestream1" bitrate="100">
      <metadata> </metadata>
      </media>
      <media streamId="livestream2" bitrate="200">
      <metadata> </metadata>
      </media>
      <media streamId="livestream3" bitrate="350">
      <metadata> </metadata>
      </media>
      <bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i1/livestream%i1.bootstrap" id="bootstrap2386"></bootstrapInfo>
      <media streamId="livestream%i1" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i1/livestream%i1" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap2386">
      <metadata>
      AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgAAAAAAAAAAAAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2lkAgAEbXA0YQAFd2lkdGgAAA AAAAAAAAAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lkAgAESDI2NAAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAAI YXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY2FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPYXVkaW9zYW1wbGVyYXRlAEDfQAAAAAAAAA1hdWRpb2 NoYW5uZWxzAEAAAAAAAAAAAA52aWRlb2ZyYW1lcmF0ZQD/+AAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDAAZsZW5ndGgA AAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACX RpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkADXNtcHRlVGltZUluZm8DAAtzbXB0ZU9mZnNldAAA AAAAAAAAAAAACQAHY3VzdGRlZgoAAAAAAAAJ
      </metadata>
      </media>
      <bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i2/livestream%i2.bootstrap" id="bootstrap6801"></bootstrapInfo>
      <media streamId="livestream%i2" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i2/livestream%i2" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap6801">
      <metadata>
      AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgAAAAAAAAAAAAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2lkAgAEbXA0YQAFd2lkdGgAAA AAAAAAAAAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lkAgAESDI2NAAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAAI YXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY2FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPYXVkaW9zYW1wbGVyYXRlAEDfQAAAAAAAAA1hdWRpb2 NoYW5uZWxzAEAAAAAAAAAAAA52aWRlb2ZyYW1lcmF0ZQD/+AAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDAAZsZW5ndGgA AAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAACX RpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkADXNtcHRlVGltZUluZm8DAAtzbXB0ZU9mZnNldAAA AAAAAAAAAAAACQAHY3VzdGRlZgoAAAAAAAAJ
      </metadata>
      </media>
      <bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i3/livestream%i3.bootstrap" id="bootstrap1"> </bootstrapInfo>
      <media streamId="livestream%i3" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream%i3/livestream%i3" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap1">
      <metadata>
      </metadata>
      </media>
      </manifest>

It seems to me that it is a configuration issue, but I have no clue.
      I compared above manifest with a sample manifest that I found on Adobe's site, the attributes are same but the structure is not. Maybe that is causing OSMF to fail.
      Thanks for any suggestion!

• 1. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
          abdutr Community Member

I also tried to play using Strobe Media Playback 1.5.1, same error.

• 2. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
            Satheesh Ram

Hey,

Looks at the media-url tag in your manifest, it has some unknown characters (like %i). Does that match with zeri assets in that folder.Looks like it has some typo.

My sample manifest that works looks like this

<manifest><id>
                    livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent
                </id><mimeType>

</mimeType><streamType>
                    live
                </streamType><duration>
                </duration><dvrInfo beginOffset="0" endOffset="60">
                </dvrInfo><bootstrapInfo profile="named" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream/livestream.bootstrap" id="bootstrap6101">
                </bootstrapInfo><media streamId="livestream" url="../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream/livestream" bootstrapInfoId="bootstrap6101"><metadata>
                        AgAKb25NZXRhRGF0YQgAAAAAAAhkdXJhdGlvbgBAhWhBiTdLxwAFd2lkdGgAAAAAAAAAAAAABmhlaWdodAAAAAAAA AAAAAAMdmlkZW9jb2RlY2lkAgAESDI2NAAMYXVkaW9jb2RlY2lkAgAEbXA0YQAKYXZjcHJvZmlsZQBAUIAAAAAAAAA IYXZjbGV2ZWwAQD4AAAAAAAAABmFhY2FvdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOdmlkZW9mcmFtZXJhdGUA//gAAAAAAAAAD2F1ZGlvc 2FtcGxlcmF0ZQBA1YiAAAAAAAANYXVkaW9jaGFubmVscwBAAAAAAAAAAAAJdHJhY2tpbmZvCgAAAAIDAAZsZW5ndGg AAAAAAAAAAAAACXRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkDAAZsZW5ndGgAAAAAAAAAAAAAC XRpbWVzY2FsZQBAj0AAAAAAAAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UCAANlbmcAAAkAAAk=
                    </metadata></media></manifest>

And my zeri assets in the folder ../../../../streams/livepkgr/streams/_definst_/livestream are livestreamSeg1.f4f, livestreamSeg2.f4f .....

• 3. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
              abdutr Community Member

It matches the files.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4\applications\livepkgr\streams\_definst_ includes:

livestream%i1

livestream%i2

livestream%i3

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4\applications\livepkgr\streams\_definst_\livestream%i1 includes:

livestream%i1.bootstrap

livestream%i1.control

livestream%i1.meta

livestream%i1Seg1.f4f

livestream%i1Seg1.f4x

• 4. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
                abdutr Community Member

%i is coming from "Live stream name for multi-bitrate streams" which is mentioned in the configuration guide.

livestream%i?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-http-streaming-ver=1.0

I am using this as the stream name on my live transcoder output.

• 5. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
                  Nikhil Pavan Kalyan Community Member

As you must already be observing, %i in the stream name is needed/used only in the MBR case (multi bit rate).
                  How are you publishing the streams ? Are you using FMLE or any other encoder ? Can you let us know how many streams you published and the publish url please ?

If you are publishing multiple streams, then make sure the following :

Encoder should publish multiple streams (three is a good choice generally). make sure %i is added in the publisher strings so that you have streams with the names livestream1 , livestream2 and livestream3 (no %i in the final published stream name! )

Make sure the manifest.xml ( that you have under the application folder for livepkgr/events/liveevent ) has three stream ids added corresponding to the published streams from the encoder with the bit rate tag added (please refer the documentation on how to add the tags in manifest.xml).

Once these two are confirmed, you may now want to see if the .f4m file that you queried for is having the bitrate info and then the strobe player should be able to play it without any errors (1.5 version is good to use).

Please let us know if that helped.

Thank you !

• 6. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
                    abdutr Community Member

I am using other encoder than FMLE. I am publishing 3 streams.

rtmp://x.y.z.w/livepkgr

H264 BL3.0 60kbps, 160kbps and 310kbps & AAC-LC Stereo 32kHz 40kbps & Fragment duration 4 sec

>>> matches C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\liveevent Event.xml and Manifest.xml files.

<FragmentDuration>4000</FragmentDuration>

<media streamId="livestream1" bitrate="100" />

<media streamId="livestream2" bitrate="200" />

<media streamId="livestream3" bitrate="350" />

(e.g. 60kbps video + 40kbps audio for the 1st stream)

I have Common output parameters > Stream Name configuration on my Live Transcoder and I write the following:

Then Admin Console > View Apps > Live Log includes the following:

Stream name is: livestream%i1 and live event is: liveevent

Stream name is: livestream%i2 and live event is: liveevent

Stream name is: livestream%i3 and live event is: liveevent

As you say, it seems %i above causes the problem, but how to fix it?

My f4m includes the bitrates:

<id> livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent </id>
                    <mimeType> </mimeType>
                    <streamType> live </streamType>
                    <duration> 0 </duration>
                    <media streamId="livestream1" bitrate="100">
                    <metadata> </metadata>
                    </media>
                    <media streamId="livestream2" bitrate="200">
                    <metadata> </metadata>
                    </media>
                    <media streamId="livestream3" bitrate="350">
                    <metadata> </metadata>
                    </media>
                    Thanks!

• 7. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live

Hi,

If you are using encoder other than FMLE, then you need to confirm whats the process to send MBR streams. %i is specific to FMLE when you want to publish MBR from FMLE to FMS and the documentation for HTTP Dynamic Streaming is written with reference to FMLE only.

If there is an option for you, can you please try publishing using FMLE ? Rest of things stand exactly the same.

Thank you !

• 8. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
                        abdutr Community Member

I removed %i from the stream name configuration on Live Encoder and now I am able to play Http Dynamic Live with both OSMF Player and

Strobe Media Playback.

>

livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-http-streaming-ver=1.0

Following misleaded me which is suggested in the Live HTTP Dynamic Streaming Tutorial:

3.e

In the Stream text box, enter livestream%i?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-http-streaming-ver=1.0.

Note: The applications/livepkgr/main.asc file expects this value.

Thanks anyway!

• 9. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live

Happy to know that HDS is working for you !

As I mentioned above, the documentation is written specifically with FMLE as an encoder pushing streams to FMS. Hope you can make note of this now.

Thank you !

• 10. Re: OSMF Player Error: URL missing from Media tag - HTTP Live
                            Jody Bleyle Community Member

Thanks for figuring this out -- I've added a comment to the docs and I'll update the source so the comment will be integrated into the main doc the next time we publish.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd609-3f106ca112a37603c d2-8000.html

Jody