• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

demo for robohelp 9 .net does not compile:

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Visual Studio 10 / C#.  I had to modify the references to get the initial errors to clear.  (they were all listed in FAQ and Help).

in attempting to compile the demo for robohelp 9 i get an errro on the line

MSXML2.XMLHTTP30Class httpReq = new MSXML2.XMLHTTP30Class()

.  I searched the help faq and the forum for this error  but no joy.  Has anyone else had this error.

thanks

james

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in a RoboHelp forum but your problem seems to be with Visual Studio.

What is the RoboHelp problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RoboHelp problem is the demo which was supplied with the purchase of RoboHelp 9 fails to compile as instructed. The link given for the RoboHelp Demo can be located at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59c571-7f39.html

I followed the demo instructions exactly but the code would not compile. I traced most of the errors and found them to be reference errors and I corrected them. The only error to date I could not immediately fix was the compile error:

Error 1 Interop type 'MSXML2.XMLHTTP30Class' cannot be embedded. Use the applicable interface instead. C:\Documents and Settings\allenj\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\RoboHelpDemo\RoboHelpDemo\RoboHelp_CSH.cs 176 16 RoboHelpDemo

The file that will not compile is RoboHelp_CSH.cs (supplied in the current RoboHelp 9 install), supplied by RoboHelp, so, I do feel this is a RoboHelp problem which is why I posted the question to the RoboHelp Forum.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the additional information, yes it is a RoboHelp related problem but that was a bit difficult to deduce from the original information. It is going to need someone with developer knowledge to help you and the forum is mostly supported by authors.

I hope someone can cover this one for you.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I did not realize this forum was mostly RoboHelp Authors. Do you know of a contact point for this type of errors? I would hate to open a ticket on their own demo.

Again thanks for the quick response.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an alternative more suited to your needs but there may be someone who can help so hang in.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some pages on my site about calling help and these link to some other pages that might help. Not sure. Sorry I didn't point you there sooner.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would try is to shorten the length of your project path - best practices advise using c:\projects\\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp