• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE won't recognize Sony PRS-350 e-reader

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions won't recognize my Sony PRS-350 e-reader without the Sony Library software installed.

Does anybody know which file ADE is looking for to recognize a Sony PRS-350 e-reader?

I don't want to have both Adobe Library software and Sony Library software installed on my computer.

I already use Calibre to organize my non-DRM e-library, I only run ADE to check out DRM protected library books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, in order for ADE to requires device drivers to recognize any of the Sony Readers.  These device drivers are installed with the Sony Reader Library software.  Note: this is Windows only, on Mac ADE cannot see the Sony Readers at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Thanks for the info.

It seems a shame to have to have both ADE library software and Sony Reader

library software in order to get DRM protected files on my PRS-350 reader.

Your help is appreciated.

Don Bearden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be useful to mention this (the need to install the Sony library software and the no-function on Mac)  in the help for moving books from ADE to supported e-readers (the PRS-350 is on the list of supported devices), since it clearly states that ADE will recognize e-readers when you connect them to an authorized PC and will prompt you to authorize the ereader. I have been trying for two days to get it to work and authorize my e-reader...

Grateul for your post, though, so I can stop my attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines