2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 7:48 AM by DaveGallant RSS

ADT fails with java.exe error.

DaveGallant Community Member

I have an swf that is about 15 megs.

Before today, everything was working fine, now, I am getting an error when I try to build.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Windows\system32\java.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash CS5, Java, and the Air 2.6 SDK.

I created a "blank" dummy iPhone app and did a test build with that and it worked, but when I try with my main SWF, it fails.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: ADT fails with java.exe error.
          Pea Community Member

Why is there a reference to Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library?

Could it perhaps have something to do with that?

• 2. Re: ADT fails with java.exe error.
            DaveGallant Community Member

I have no idea.

I created an entirely new project, new folders, everything and I am still getting this error... here is the my descriptor file and my batch file commands:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
            <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.6">
                <name><text xml:lang="en">MM2MobileTestApp</text></name>
                <description><text xml:lang="en">MM2MobileTestApp</text></description>
                <copyright>GoldSun Games</copyright>
                <supportedProfiles>mobileDevice desktop</supportedProfiles>

Command Prompt batch file to start the build: (the only difference was I removed the actual certificate password)

Data/constants.xml and Data/strings.xml are two external files that get loaded by the program.

CD D:\GoldSun\Source Code\Flash\MM2_MobileTestApp_LowRes\MM2_MobileTestApp_LowRes\ios\

"D:\Program Files\Air2.6SDK\bin\adt" -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore D:\GoldSun\iphone_dev.p12 -storepass password -provisioning-profile D:\GoldSun\MM2_Mobile_Test_App.mobileprovision MM2_Mobile_TestApp_LowRes.ipa MM2_Mobile_TestApp_LowRes-app.xml MM2_Mobile_TestApp_LowRes.swf icons Default.png Data/constants.xml Data/strings.xml

set /p dummy=

It starts just fine, then after about 15 minutes, I get the java error, the temp files are not deleted and the ipa file is not created.... anyone help?