• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setup error message, suggestions welcomed!

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed and unstalled Digital Editions. Then bought a new Sony eReader, and went to
Adobe to again install DE. At the end of the setup I get the following error message: This installer require administrative access, aborting. Now the software doesn't work right, no surprise I guess.

I 'live chatted' with Adobe and asked them to toss me from their database, but the rep asked that I try the ADE forum to see if anyone has see this problem. I think the uninstall wiped the program but I'm still being partially recognized when trying to download it again from Adobe. I need HELP in capital letters

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the installer does require admin access to put the actual executable in the Program Files directory, have you tried doing the install as a admin user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

Thanks for your response. The problem was so simple but I didn't know it at the time. An Adobe Chat Line person told me to open ADE, then do the 'CtrlShiftD' to deactivate, then then uninstall. Then I did a new clean reinstall. FINALLY (sigh) ADE is working properly. I was able to successfully download two ePub books from my local library to my new Sony ER350. Again I do thank you for taking time to consider my problem!

Connie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines