• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro default viewer

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the settings in my computer to make Acrobat X Pro my default viewer when I open a PDF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Hi,

To make Adobe Acrobat X the default viewer for viewing PDF files, follow these steps:

1. Right-Click on any pdf file.

2. From the menu that appears, Select Open With -> Choose Program

3. Now browse and select Adobe Acrobat X from the available programs

4. Check the Checkbox present at the bottom of the list that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and press OK.

The default PDF viewer should change for you. If you need further assistance in this regard, browser to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To make Adobe Acrobat X the default viewer for viewing PDF files, follow these steps:

1. Right-Click on any pdf file.

2. From the menu that appears, Select Open With -> Choose Program

3. Now browse and select Adobe Acrobat X from the available programs

4. Check the Checkbox present at the bottom of the list that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and press OK.

The default PDF viewer should change for you. If you need further assistance in this regard, browser to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859.

Do let me know if this information helped you.

Regards

Shashi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shashi,

I just installed Adobe Acrobat DC and it made itself the default for all pdf files. I would like to keep Acrobat X as the default but when I try "open with", "choose another app" and then "more apps", Acrobat X is not on the list.  I have to already be in Acrobat X if I want to bring a pdf into it.  Can you tell me how to make Acrobat X the default?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

Windows 10. I read that Acrobat X is not compatible with WIN 10, but I have been using it with no problem for 5 or 6 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That might be the case, but the fact it's incompatible with the OS means that any update to the latter can cause it to stop working, either entirely or partially, especially when it comes to integration with the OS.

However, you should still be able to manually select the Acrobat.exe file in the Open With dialog, I believe, and it will make that association between the application and PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines