Exit

Images not displaying in Images folder

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning all,

RH 802 generating WebHelp.

I've got some images in topics that do not appear in the Images folder (where I moved them all to). I think this used to work fine. My images are all there if I generate or if I check the Images folder in Windows Explorer. They seem to only be missing from the UI in RH.

What file does RH use (if any) to hold the images?

I tried Search but it seems broken as all searches returned 0 results.

TIA,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the folder with the images using Project Manager. You can revert to the current name afterwards. That usually refreshes things.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Yep, that did it...for a while. One restart of RH.

Actually I had to rename to a temporary name for all the images to show up, restart RH and rename to the original name again .

And it seems the Images folder does not play nice with the .cpd file. I had to turn off the option under Tools > Options... and could not delete the .cpd file manually either.

So I have either the Images folder up-to-date or I have a fresh .cpd file, not both.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report it as a bug here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried renaming but not then reverting to the original name?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Tried it and the same problem occurrs w/ the new name.  Can't change anyway as the developer checks this in to source control under the Images folder (yes, I could have him map one to the other but he speaks a different native language and it would be more than a pain).

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That normally works so I can only think it is related to the source control.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp