Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way for a form user to load graphics and text in same field?

Former Community Member

I am aware that you can load text into a text field and graphics into an image field.  However, I would like to load a document containing text and graphics (e.g., MS Word or RTF) into a single field on a PDF form.  Is there any way to do this?

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I can't see you doing that in a field but you could add the file as an attachment.....woudl that meet the requirement?

Paul

Former Community Member

An attachment might work.  But I need to learn about attachments to PDF forms -- how is that done and how do you access a file once it is attached?  I haven't been able to find a description of "attaching a file "in the LiveCycle Help documentation.

Daniel

To: Daniel Beinart <dnb52@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Subject: Re: Is there a way for a form user to load graphics and text in same field?

I can't see you doing that in a field but you could add the file as an attachment.....woudl that meet the requirement?

Paul

Former Community Member

It is part of the PDF AcroForm side of things .....Are you using Reader or Acrobat to fill the form. If Reader then you will have to Reader Extend to make this work ....if Acrobat then you simply need to add some code. I have attached a sample that shows you how to do it if you want it.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

I believe that the example of attaching a file that you have provided will solve the problem.  I am using LiveCycle Designer, so using the code that is in your example should be no problem.  The end-user will use Adobe Reader, so as you mentioned, I will use Acrobat to extend the features so that the form can be used by Reader.

Thanks so much for your help,

Daniel

To: Daniel Beinart <dnb52@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Subject: Re: Is there a way for a form user to load graphics and text in same field?

It is part of the PDF AcroForm side of things .....Are you using Reader or Acrobat to fill the form. If Reader then you will have to Reader Extend to make this work ....if Acrobat then you simply need to add some code. I have attached a sample that shows you how to do it if you want it.

Paul

Former Community Member

Unfortunately Acrobat does not have the Reader Extensions right for attachments ....you will need the LiveCycle Reader Extensions server to accomplish this.

Paul