• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveX controls in Webhelp

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After generating webhelp in RoboHelp 8, I'm getting a warning that IE has restricted the page from running ActiveX controls. I can't find any ActiveX controls anywhere in my project. Are there base files that RoboHelp is automatically generating? If so, what are they and can I remove them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's using Javascript to launch and offer the controls you see in WebHelp - that's what IE is complaining about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's definitely helpful, but can I get it to stop? If so, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of - just have the user accept the control for the page or adjust their browser settings to include the site as a trusted one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the help is on a server, users will not get the message. Usually it is authors viewing their work locally that see this and only in IE.

Either tick the Mark of the Web check box in the layout or change the IE settings Advanced > Security to allow active content to run.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp