• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Supported Export Formats

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me what formats Captivate will export to? I called Adobe sales and then tech support and none of them could give me a list. The web only specifies SWF. Of particular interest is the ability to support M4V (iPad), iPhone), as well as avi, wmv, and mov. Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks,

Jim

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Jim

The formats are SWF, EXE, APP and F4V

tmp1.PNG

If you downloaded and installed the trial version, you could see it first hand.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I am attempting to publish to the F4V format as shown, but I don't even have that option (just see the mp4, exe, and app).  I'm testing out the new Captivate 5.5 trial version.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

CP 5.5 doesn't publish to F4V anymore, sorry. FLV/F4V have been replaced by the video format MP4.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adding to the direct export formats that Rick mentioned, Captivate 5 has also tthe possibility to have a conversion for iPhone (see screenshot). If you have the eLearning Suite you will have the full version of Adobe Media encoder that will allow you to convert to any video format (like mp4, avi...). With CP5 there is a version of that encoder included, that doesn't have that full functionality but will convert imported video from a lot of formats to FLV/F4V. Of course all video formats do mean that you lose all the interactivity that you have in SWF, EXE formats. Publishing to a multimedia PDF is another, often forgotten possibility. It keeps all the interactivity, and will play on any device that supports Adobe Reader.

Lilybiri

iphone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources