Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recordings won't load; not in the .ppcx file

Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a presentation and added/recorded narration to it, then saved it as a pdf to see how it looked and sounded in that format. I've just gone back to edit the original .pptx file and get a message that Adobe Presenter can't load the recordings for half of the slides because they are not in the .ppcx file. I've tried finding and loading them from another location and nothing works. I was ready to cut my losses and re-record the narration, but it won't let me access Presenter to do that because it keeps giving me the same message when I click the audio record button. How can I resolve the issue without losing my presentation?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to reproduce the issue

Can you share your files to vishesh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the exact same problem.  Media.ppcx File not found. Please verify the correct file name was given......

I've verified, repointed....it continously happens......any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Have a great day.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 15/04/2011 and will not return until

16/05/2011.

I will be out of the office on annual leave and will have no access to my

emails. If your matter is urgent then please contact my colleagues Carmen

Shields or Sonia Savage. Alternatively I will deal with your query on my

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lori,

Having any luck? I'm not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can definately resolve the problem. whenver we change the format of the orginal file i.e 2003 to 2007 version or vise-versa.. The auido does not detects the source file. We can simply click on countinue withour recordings and we need to re-embedd the audio files from the import audio option in presenter. Please do let me know if you still have problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 02/12/2010 and will not return until

07/12/2010.

I will be out of the office on annual leave. During this time I will have

no access to my emails. If your matter is urgent, then please contact my

colleagues Sonia Savage or Carmen Shields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot of work and even when i do that,

if I have to do any editing, the same thing happens again. It gets ridiculous. Is there an update or patch that can fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian,

Just out of curiosity, what version of Presenter do you have?  Don't know when you purchased/installed, but there has been a update---perhaps that might help? Check the Help button in Presenter (while in PPT)...you should be up to Build 7604

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'll check

Brian Longstaff, NMDC

sent from my BlackBerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 15/04/2011 and will not return until

16/05/2011.

I will be out of the office on annual leave and will have no access to my

emails. If your matter is urgent then please contact my colleagues Carmen

Shields or Sonia Savage. Alternatively I will deal with your query on my

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob - i tried to download that build...however it asks me to close the program, and when I do, I lose the path to the update. Everything about this software is frustrating. Wish I'd known before i purchased, but never dreamed that Adobe products and support would be like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's specifically why I try to frequent the forums Brian....to try to lend a hand if I can.

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to get on a call with you to try to figure this out.  Not sure if you have a support ticket open with Adobe on this yet.

BTW, I don't work for Adobe, I'm not associated w/ Adobe...but, just like yourself, have had to muddle my way through issues over the years, so I totally hear your frustration and concerns.

As far as updating P7 to the lastest build, that should have been a simple matter of going through the sequential updates to Presenter.

Also, because I'm not sure by your message thread(s) above, be sure that you've downloaded ALL of the updates to Presenter from Adobe's download page for Presenter: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows

If you haven't already Brian, be sure to download and install each upgrade, in sequential order, until you get through the 7.0.6 update.  All of this has to happen while PowerPoint is shut down.

Regards,

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks Rob...I appreciate that. Let me try the link and make sure I've downloaded all the updates first before I tie up your time on a phone call....I never thought about the sequential issue - not sure if I've upgraded sequentially. How can I be sure that I've done that and what should I do if I haven't?

Brian Longstaff

Planning and Business Development

Northern Maine Development Commission

39 Bangor Street, Suite 1

Houlton, ME 04730

Tel: (207) 532-0644

(207) 493-5777

Fax: (207) 493-5790

Mob: (207) 551-5836

www.nmdc.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that part should be pretty easy:

download each update/patch file....but you'll install the updates sequentially.  So when you have the patches sitting on your desktop, click the v701.exe first...install it...then install the v702 patch, and so on.

One thing that I learned awhile ago is that if I tried to install the 706 update first, it wouldn't.  Had to go through each patch in order, sequentially, then when I opened PowerPoint again, I clicked on the Presenter tab and selected Help.  From that menu, I selected About Presenter, and that's when I noticed the build number--in this case 7604 on my machine.

Again, going back to how this thread got started...I'm hoping that by getting your version of Presenter updated, that this will help deal w/ the missing ppcx file that you've been experiencing as of late.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob...It appears I've done the updates successfully. I'll see what that does to resolve the problems and report back later.

Brian Longstaff

Planning and Business Development

Northern Maine Development Commission

39 Bangor Street, Suite 1

Houlton, ME 04730

Tel: (207) 532-0644

(207) 493-5777

Fax: (207) 493-5790

Mob: (207) 551-5836

www.nmdc.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources