• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a safe mode for Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my Adobe Reader run in a safe mode, which does nothing more than just open the document in plain text mode.

Specifically, I want:

1. Don't run any script in pdf file. (I think this can be done by Edit -> Preferences -> JavaScript  -> uncheck Eable Acrobat JavaScript checkbox)

2. Don't navigate to any link in pdf file. Just consider them as plain text.

3. Disable 3D and Multimdia features

4. Disable Forms

5. Don't execute anything embed in pdf file

The reason for this is I get some pdf files which I can't trust owner of these files. Even after antivirus scan, I am still not comfortable enough to open these pdf files by Adobe Reader in normal mode with above features enabled.

Can Adobe Reader be configured that way? Is there any alternative software for my requirement?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the plug-ins from Reader's plug-ins folder. You can test this out without actually removing them by holding down the Shift key while launching Reader. Everything you mention should be disabled, but test to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks George. This is very useful, and it works.

Is it possible that I use cmd line parameter to disable plug-ins, such as "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe disablePlugins".

Thanks,

Wu Qi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there's no command line parameter for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines