• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 4 Not Working After Installation (WAMP Installed Before FMS)

Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched this forum, and unless I skimmed over it, I can't find a solution to this problem; I apologize in advanced if this question HAS been answered previously.

SIDENOTE: This problem occured both before and after WAMP was installed on my computer.

Basically, after I installed FMS 4 and load the homepage in the browser, I receive this message: "We are unable to connect to the network.  We apologize for the inconvenience."

My computer specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Moblie ZM-82  2.20 GHz

Memory: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Usable)

System Type: 64-bit OS

SIDENOTE: During the installations, I've tried both ports 80 and 8080, along with 1935 and 443.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  Please let me know.

Thank you in advanced!

Adrian-Cortez Jackson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install FMS4 with Apache or without Apache?

Also which port does your external Apache (WAMP) listening to. If its listening to 80, i would suggest stop the FMS and External Apache. Change fms.ini to remove 80 from listening port and also remove :8134 from HTTP Proxy. Once done that start both FMS and Apache.

Also make sure your firewall allows 1935 if you are trying to open the home page from external machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, thanks for the reply!

I installed FMS4 twice: once with Apache, and once without (just to see what happens); both attempts rendered the same result: no connection.

The port that Apache for WAMP listens to is 80 (default).

Since I uninstalled FMS4 until I got a response, I'll reinstall it without port 80 as one of the ports.

I'll also remove :8134 in fms.ini.

Quick question: I'm on Windows 7; how do I allow 1935 in my firewall?

Again, thanks in advanced!

Adrian-Cortez Jackson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used Windows 7 anytime but assuming it might be same as Windows 2008 - i think steps would be somewhat like below

Control Panel -> Systems & Security -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rules -> Add new rule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for trying FMS 4. I don't think your problem of no connection to FMS is related to WAMP or firewall settings. Here are few steps that you should try and confirm before we find what's the exact issue :

Go the FMS installation directory of FMS (if you have taken a 64 bit FMS installer, it will be under c:\program files\adobe\flash media server\ by default, and check under program files (x86) for 32 bit installation), and check the logs folder. There are few log files that would already be generated and they can give some information about connection failures as well as any port bind failures. So if your WAMP is causing any issues, the port binding to 80 should fail which will be logged in one of the log files (edge.00.log).

The other important task to try is that, on Windows 7, the services (especially the FMS) are not started automatically even though the installer finishes and tries to start the services after the installation is done. This is due to the Windows 7 changes which need explicit admin privileges to start/stop the services. Do the following to start the FMS service properly.

Type cmd in the start up search box on windows 7. Right click and select run as administrator.
Once the cmd is opened with admin privileges, type the commands :

c:\> sc qc fms

This command confirms the FMS service is installed correctly and its path.

c:\> net start fms

c:\> net start fmsadmin

These two commands should now start the services.

Now, try and make a connection, you should be able to see successful events.
Let us know if that helped.

Thank you ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nikhil,

Thanks for the AWESOME advice!

But there are two more things...

1.  The "Stream Video (RTMP)" video sample works just fine now, but the "Play Video (HTTP)"  video sample is still giving me a playback error: "We are having problems with playback.  We apologize for the inconvenience."  And the Dynamic Stream example is still giving me the connection error: "We are unable to connect to the network.  We apologize for the inconvenience."

2.  Now, when I launch WAMP, WAMP no longer connects; I'm assuming it has something to do with the ports.

As always, any and all advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!

Adrian-Cortez Jackson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Good to know that you are able to see some playback

Did you revert back the changes you made to apache configuration file ? (httpd.conf ). Please make sure the the apache is listening on 8134 ( by confirming in httpd.conf) and also make sure that this is the same port assigned for apache service in fms.ini file .

fms.ini file (under the fms installation dirrectory\conf folder) should have the following entries :

SERVER.HTTPD_ENABLED = true

HTTPPROXY.HOST = :8134

This will make sure apache is listening on 8134 and fms is listening on 80. This should solve your HTTP Playback problem.

The dynamic streaming problem also is little related to the above change because the dynamic streaming playback expects to read from a xml file which is served through apache ! Unless it is properly served, the rtmp connections will not be made. So your one change should solve both of the problems.

Please let us know.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nikhil,

I performed a clean installation of FMS4, so everything maintained its default settings after installation.  So the errors I mentioned occured with no changes to any configuration files.

If there's anything I'm missing or need to change after the installation, please do let me know.

Thanks again!

Adrian-Cortez Jackson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No more changes or configurations are needed. The playback for the sample players are supposed to work out of the box as soon as the installation is done.

Are you trying the playback from the same machine (localhost? ) or from some other machine ? It might as well be some issue with crossdomain.xml if you are trying from some other machine, but thats a very far away guess.

I am unable to think of any other probable cause for your problem. Windows 7, FMS 4 , default installation, its vanila ..

let me know if i can help you in any ways to get out of this.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem.  Installation with no changes to settings, RTMP works, HTTP and Dynamic stream do not.

Tried both FMS 4 and FMS 4.0.2.

I am running it on Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition.

Thank you in advance.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines