yes, it's strange, but here's the process you need to follow for your deployment of TCS3 with Acrobat X Pro:
+ please check that no older TCS and Acrobat is installed
+ if there's an older version, please deinstall it and check or install MSXML4 (see Exceptions)
+ check or install DOTNET3 (see Exceptions) build your TCS3 build (with all patches, without Acrobat X Pro)
+ start TCS3 setup! and install (not silent!) Acrobat X Pro
The reason: Adobe believes Acrobat has been installed before as usual. That's it.
If you have FINALYSER too, there is a silent method of installing in a network with a company volume key.
I spoke with Adobe support on this issue. They acknoledged that there is a problem with the Adobe Application Manager where it doesn't support Adobe Acrobat. They are working on the issue but there's no eta on a solution. In order to deploy Acrobat with TCS (or any of the other quites packaged with the Application Manager) in an enterprise environment, it needs to be installed separately which requires a separate volume key for Acrobat itself.
Adobe really needs to put some more effort in their support for volume license installs for deployment.
This is true that Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition currently does not support silently deploying Acrobat alongwith TCS3. However, you do not need a separate license key for Acrobat.
Pls follow the below mentioned steps to silently install TCS 3 with Acrobat:
1) Uninstall TCS3 (including Acrobat) from your machine, if already present. Make sure all products are uninstalled succesfully.
2) Create a serialized package for TCS 3 using the AAMEE tool
3) Run the silent installation command for TCS3
4) Goto the Exceptions folder inside the TCS 3 package and open ExceptionInfo.txt. This has information of all the products that this package will not install. Look for the command to install Acrobat X Pro. For your reference, I am mentioning it here,
msiexec.exe /i AcroPro.msi EULA_ACCEPT=NO REGISTRATION_SUPPRESS=YES SUITEMODE=1 TRANSFORMS=en_US.mst INSTALLLEVEL=101 AS_DISABLE_LEGACY_COLOR=1 IGNOREAAM=1 /qn
5) Install Acrobat silently using this command
6) Launch any product installed through TCS ( FrameMaker or RoboHelp) and verify that its activated (Help->Deactivate menu should be enabled)
7) Now launch Acrobat. You will see that Acrobat automatically picks up TCS 3 license present in the machine and gets serialized. You do not need any other serial number.
Hope that helps,
FrameMaker Engineering Team