• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See Also Popup

Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 (8.0.2.208).

My "see also" pop up displays beside the button in IE and Firefox but disappears somewhere near the top of the page in Safari.

Is there any way to fix this.

Can any one help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is your third post with the same question. One has been deleted by someone else and I have just deleted one. Please don't cross post.

I thought there had been an answer to one but that could only have been the post I found already deleted.

Safari is only supported for the MAC version so maybe that is why you are getting this problem. Sorry but I don't have any solution. What I know about popup problems is covered in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/using_rh8.htm Item 20 and that does not cover this one.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is my third post with the same question because, no one answered it and on top of it some one deleted it... just deleting doesnt solve the issue.

So I didnt had any other option other than posting the same question again and again...

because I'm looking for some one to help me in resolving the issue.

We cant say, the people who use Safari, have to live with the issue (or) stop using the See Also feature.

Why cant Adobe look into this issue and get it fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how the first post got deleted but posting in multiple forums really doesn't help. In these forums if someone can answer your question, they will. If a post is not answered because it is in the wrong forum, generally the moderators will move it to help you. Just ask. Otherwise when a post is not answered, it is because no one has the answer. Posting the same question again and again will not change that.

All browsers are different so you have to ensure the tool you use supports any specific browser you need for your customers. RoboHelp only claims to support Firefox, IE and, in RH9, Google. It supports Safari but only the MAC version.

As to Adobe supporting Safari (PC version), you need to submit a feature request.

The more people who request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

I am sorry I cannot help you with the question.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Likely it was me that deleted the second identical post. And had I been able to be present more on the forums this week, this post would likely have been deleted.

Why? Because the same person asked the same question once already. Asking multiple times simply clutters the forums with unnecessary chatter. Peter and I tried to explain that at the link below:

Click here to view

Unfortunately, either nobody cares to read it or it is simply ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp