• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will RoboHelp 7 Run in Windows 7 32-bit?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen several threads clearly state that RoboHelp 7 won't work on a Windows 64-bit machine, but I was wondering if it is possible to run it on a Windows 32-bit PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

It is not supported by Adobe and I believe the answer is that you are likely to have problems unless...

I believe that with Windows 7 Ultimate there is an XP Emulator and that RH7 will run within that. Rick Stone can help you better on this one but I believe is out and about right now. I am sure he will give you more information when he returns.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not supported by Adobe and I believe the answer is that you are likely to have problems unless...

I believe that with Windows 7 Ultimate there is an XP Emulator and that RH7 will run within that. Rick Stone can help you better on this one but I believe is out and about right now. I am sure he will give you more information when he returns.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. I thought that was probably the case. Now I can let the IT folks know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed I had awful luck making RoboHelp 7 work on my own Windows 7 setup. But I'm not sure if it was because it was Windows 7 or if it was because it was Windows 7 64 bit version.

Fortunately Microsoft anticipated that applications may not behave properly in Windows 7 and they made the Windows XP mode virtual PC available for Windows 7 users. UNfortunately it doesn't work with the "Home Premium" version. You have to have Professional or Ultimate installed in order to use it.

Read more at this link

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the additional observations and information, and for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernadino,

RH7 works just great on my Win7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Here's what happened in more detail. Last June, I bought a new low-end ThinkPad. It's an SL510. It came with Win7 Home Premium 32-bit and pre-installed Office 2007. RH7 crashed when I tried to generate Word output. I took a guess that it was because of the Office 2007. I uninstalled it. I then installed Office 2003. Then RH7 worked just fine. I then reinstalled my own Office 2007, and it still wortks just fine.

Maybe I was just lucky...

-avraham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details of what has worked for you. In my situation, I needed to work with a RH 7 project for a few months, before we can move to RH 9. My primary laptop runs Windows 7, so my IT folks provided a workaround where I run RH 7 via a Remote Desktop connection to an XP machine. Since both the data and the program files reside on that machine, I have not had any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp