• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank captions

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. We have just purchased adobe captivate cs5, when we use automatic captions in recording , we get blank  captions.
  2. We want to use captivate with RTL , captions , as instructed in the adobe site we add a specific RDL file , it does not seem there is any change , we can not see any of it (we did chang the language in the pref. where the file we created appeared)

thank you

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Your question is not very clear, do you always have blank captions for any language. Could you perhaps try another language in the Preferences?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your swift reply,

We get blank caption no matter which language we choose.

I hope you have some idea , for i have a project with a nearing dead line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I understanding correctly that you've substituted the standard Adobe RDL file (the file that determines the text inserted into automatic captions) with a different one of your own?

If so, is this because there was no RDL file for the language you wanted to use?  What language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried to create a hebrew RTL file (which has to writen

end-to-start because there is no hebrew font for cs5 as was in

cs4)

but we have the problem even when we use english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  I'm getting the picture a little clearer.  May I ask, did it always have this issue from the time you installed Cp5 or only since you started trying to get this Hebrew RDL file to work?  I'm wondering whether something you've done may have corrupted the installation and you may need to reinstall Captivate to get everything working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources