• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS2 Not Enough RAM error message (wrong forum)

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2005 Oct 21, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some strange reason, my copy of Photoshop CS2 (macintosh) has started giving me an error message after program start up: could not complete your request because there is not enough RAM. I don't have to do anything. This message pops up about 1 minute after I start the program. The program works fine. I just close the window and go on. I haven't installed any new plug ins or changes to my prefs or hardware configuration. This just started for no apparent reason. It doesnt't refuse to work, it's just annoying. I've tried deleting the Photoshop prefs file and reinstalling the program from the master disc. Didn't help. I'm running OS 10.4.2 on a dual 1.8 gz processor mac with 4 gigs of RAM; Photoshop set to retain 60% of that. Anyone with any ideas about this, or should I just quit whining and go back to work...

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2005 Oct 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd based on the reinstall and the clearing of prefs. I would try tech support and see if they have anything. You get that message from mis behaving plug-ins. You could try removing plug-ins from your Plug-Ins folder and see if it goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2005 Nov 08, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently added more memory to my system and now I get an error of not enough ram to launch program. Photo shop 4 has been runnuing on my machine for years and has been used in W2000 previously with no issues.
any help is appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue for a while now with CS2 and have done several uninstalls/reinstalls...

Have since upgraded to CS3, but I would still like to know what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pc running xp pro sp2. cpu is amd x2 5200, 4 GB ram, 8800gts graphics card, and also have the same problem trying to run my plugins in photoshop cs. My windows page file is 6 Gigabytes, and I have cs set to use 90% of resources with no noticeable improvement.Task Manager only shows 711 megabytes of the page file being used. I get the 'not enough ram' error message on several of my filters. Anyone have a decent workaround yet? Unplugging my plugins isn't an option. What's the point in having plugins if you can't use them?

One more thing: the file I'm working on is only 50 megabytes. With a second layer open it is close to 100 MB. This is a small file, comparatively speaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us which API is failing (error code) and what amount of memory <br />you are requesting?<br /><br />I've seen 'not enough ram' when the entrypoint gets messed up and you <br />actually have a Pipl problem. Is the filters running on smaller images?<br /><br /><Corbin_Campbell@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bbce6a3.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I have a pc running xp pro sp2. cpu is amd x2 5200, 4 GB ram, 8800gts <br />>graphics card, and also have the same problem trying to run my plugins in <br />>photoshop cs. My windows page file is 6 Gigabytes, and I have cs set to use <br />>90% of resources with no noticeable improvement.Task Manager only shows 711 <br />>megabytes of the page file being used. I get the 'not enough ram' error <br />>message on several of my filters. Anyone have a decent workaround yet? <br />>Unplugging my plugins isn't an option. What's the point in having plugins <br />>if you can't use them?<br />><br />> One more thing: the file I'm working on is only 50 megabytes. With a <br />> second layer open it is close to 100 MB. This is a small file, <br />> comparatively speaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been runjing Cs 2 for a while, since I made the BIG mistake of instally windows vista, and then going back to XP, an error has appeared with photoshop.
When I try to open PSD files over , say 50 mb, I get the message
Photoshop cannot open this file because there is not enough memory
or Ram. I have taken my pc to the guy who built it and he says the memory is fine and an upgrade won't fix the problem.
Now Im'm stuck because I can't carry on the work I was doing on my
designs for the childrens Charity I work for. My boss has one installation of the educational version of CS2 at the office and I Installed it at home aswell. Now I can't re-install it at home anyway for licence reasons, so I tried opening my files with old photoshop 6, but the same memory message appears.So anyway I can work on stuff at the office but not at home! Ba!
Peter, London , England

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one user with similar problem. Today I was present when the problem happened. She tried to paste a image (from clipboard to photoshop) and got "the can't be done because not enough (RAM)" (Original message is in Castillian "No se ha podido cumplir porque no hay suficiente memoria (RAM)"). With photoshop CS2 and other many programs Ram load is about 1Gb. After that when you close photoshop you get the typical Windows error message (this program has done an invalid operation and must be closed, whould you send information to Microsoft? and so on...).
The image to paste is a 200Kb jpg, and the destination imge is also a jpg (about 2Mb).

The computer is a P4 dual core 2400Mhz with 3.5Gb RAM. With Windows XP SP2 under a Domain.

When you restart the computer sometimes doing the same thing nothing strange happens and sometimes same error ocurrs. I don't know what to do. Some help will be welcome.

P.S. I know that 99.9% of desk problems are between chair and keyboard, but i think this is not the case.
P.S.S. I've tryed all sugestions from this forum and others with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2007 Nov 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you using the SDK? What API functions does your program use,
and which one is in use when the error comes out?

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be P.P.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
The error ocurrs while doing copy + paste (Ctr + c on Paint and Ctrl + v on Photoshop). I think no "special" API is used, just the clipboard. We are usig adobe photoshop 8.0.1. I hope this can help.

Thanks to your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I still don't really understand your question. If you aren't
using any API, how can this be a question about the Photoshop SDK?

If this is just not about the SDK at all, I recommend posting in the
regular Photoshop forum - whole different group of people there who
might be able to help.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens a lot more frequently with Vista, according to reports I get. Actually, I ONLY get these reports from Vista users (exact same plugin binary works problem free on XP, and obviously the same code runs fine on MacOS).

At the moment there is no known cause (other than dreaded Vistatude) or workaround (other than use something else, anything else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2008 Feb 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PERFECT solution , at least for Windows Vista, I'm not so sure if Windows XP have it, but here's the solution for Vista

01)Install Adobe 2.0 on your computer
02)At the icon of Adobe.exe, access it's properties by clicking on right button of the mouse on it
03)There will be some folders of this properties, including one called Compatibility
04)Choose on the list of avaliable Windows, the Windows 98 compatibility
05)Apply and try to run Adobe again
06)Program will warn you to not be possible run 16 bit stuff, click OK untill it loads the program.

there you go! ADOBE RUNNING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2008 Feb 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>01)Install Adobe 2.0 on your computer

What is Adobe 2.0?

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I just got this message after years of using my CS2 on windows XP. I was doing this drawing and when I tried to save it, it says, "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)."

I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my work because of some computer problem. Please help.

T.M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you probably aren't using the Photoshop SDK, T.M., so you are
probably in the wrong place. I recommend posting in the Photoshop
Windows or Photoshop Macintosh forum, as appropriate.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Azkeyz.

For those getting PhotoShop 4.0 ( code name , electric cat ) memory error message and you have 1G or more of system memory.

There is not enough memory to run photoshop.

Please try enabeling your swap file on any hard drives you may have.

Thank You

Az.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, helped to install CS2 better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This thread is ridiculously unfocused, few know what they are trying to describe, and not a single peep from anyone at adobe. Might as well go check out yahoo answers 😕

Thanks Adobe, for all the support on this common and unnecessary bug. And no, I'm not paying $100 support ticket and wasting half my day. Just fix it.

Edit: I'm sorry, I see that there is an employee that posted. Sir, I appreciate your advice, but can you please escalate this and post what the teams findings are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thread is "unfocused" because it is posted in the wrong forum.

If you still have a similar problem, please post to the correct forum with details so that people can help you figure out what is wrong on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines