• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHTML using Flash help

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone. I am currently trying to create a Flash Help, I was able to set the settings up properly on my current machine after having to go through modifing the settings. My question is, is there a way to bypass the security need, many of the clients would get easily confused on how to set this up. thanks in advance

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James and welcome to our community

Are you planning on having FlashHelp copied to each user's PC? My reason for asking is because you are only worried about this security issue if they are running the content from the local PC. If they will be running your FlashHelp from a server on the web or on an intranet, there is no need to configure security. It simply works. The security arises because the content is running on the local PC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay currently I am testing it by running off a local server so the MGT can also see how the file is looking. But if there is no need to worry then everything should be great. The Help will be put onto cds for the customers as they receive the software we develop. Time for some test case scenarios. Thank you for your prompt response Captiv8r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again James

CD's? Ouch. This implies the help will indeed be run locally, which means your end users will likely see and have to deal with the security issues. The only situation that doesn't cause this behavior is if the help is actually on a web server somewhere and the user is accessing it remotely.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is there a place where I can get some free skins for the FlashHelp and RoboHelp for HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this topic on RoboWizard's site. Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp