• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my Word output have duplicate topics and incorrect numbering?

Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm updating a help system.  So maybe the printed output was set up by the previous writer.  But the Word or PDF output has some duplicate topics and/or duplicate titles.  And the numbering is really messed up.  Is there a way I can fix this in RoboHelp so the output is generated correctly?

You can see that in the setup for the printed content, some of the topics are double.  Would I just delete the duplicates?  For example, I could delete one of

doublecontent.jpgthe Logging In topics?  The topic names are different from the titles in the files, so I wouldn't want to delete anything on accident, especially since I don't know how to get to this point with the chapter layout.

OK, here is what's happening with the numbering- Random 1.'s are inserted, then the numbering will continue from the 1., rather than from the proper number, etc.

numbering wrong.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Erin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are in doubt about the print layout, the first thing to do is create a duplicate of the layout and work on that. Just right click it.

In the second page of the wizard you can also view topics by folder and the colour of the icon tells you whether or not a topic is in the document.

I would have thought two topics with the same title in the same book is a bit unlikely and is an error but only you can check that.

It looks like you need to rework those lists. You have a list that runs 1, 2, 3 albeit with the 3 outdented. You could try right clicking and restarting numbering.

You haven't said what version of RoboHelp you are using.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem - but more limited

. All headings that are the start of a tree are duplicated. I think someone (perhaps Peter Grainge) posted a reply about 'books' in the TOC - I need more detail about that solution, as I cant find it again. Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Printed Documentation on my site.

Looks like you have the topic linked to the book and in your print layout you have the book (and thus the topic) plus the topic separately.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp