• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images does't not appear

Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is what I see if I open the .htm file in the directory:

When we visualize the project in our intranet or directly in the project, the images become with red X instead of the image.

This problem occurred after we build the project following modifications.

When I look at the properties of my book, I see that the link is on the correct file extension. htm. If I go into the directory where we saved the project and I open this file. htm, the image is correct

image correcte.gif

I checked in the Adobe Online Help and I found an note about the images. I changed in the "Document Framemaker" an option. I unchecked the option to generate images every time as it was advised in the conversion settings. But without success.

paramètre conversion.gif

Thank you in advance.

There is what I see when I open the project or The Intranet:

image deffectueuse.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are linking a FrameMaker document, correct?

If you are, I will move this thread to the FrameMaker Integration forum where you are more likely to get an answer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, I must say that I am not 100% sure that is correct. In fact we use only the import Word document into RoboHelp HTML.

I have checked this option, because that's all I found in the Online help about the images, and I decided to give a try.

To resolve my problem, I copied the htm file in my project and I replaced the exact one in the mergeprojects directory of my master project and it worked. But we cannot do this operation for every images we have in our subproject.

I hope this would help, if not let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that because you had ticked a FrameMaker option you were working with a FrameMaker document. Silly me.

How are the topics getting from the folder to which you generate? Do you then proceed to publish or are the files uploaded to the server in some other way?

If you open the help in the folder to which you generate, do the images appear there?

If you don't understand the difference between generating and publishing, post back.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are my answers:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lavoienalo

Where? I think something has gone wrong with your reply. Or was it an image that doesn't appear?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try again

I assumed that because you had ticked a FrameMaker option you were working with a FrameMaker document. Silly me.

<< No problem

How are the topics getting from the folder to which you generate? Do you then proceed to publish or are the files uploaded to the server in some other way?

<< I publish

If you open the help in the folder to which you generate, do the images appear there?

<<I'm not sure to understand. Are you talking about a folder in the project?

If you don't understand the difference between generating and publishing, post back.

<< I understand the difference.

I hope it's gonna help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the layout to generate and publish, the first field of the first page shows the folder to which you generate and it should be a folder on your PC hard drive.

If you go to that folder and double click the start page, that copy of the help will open. In that copy do the images appear in the topic?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I appreciate the help you're trying to give me.

I joined you a file whith the things I see. I hope it's gonna help you to understand my problem. I'm sorry, you must be desperate.

Nancy Lavoie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot attach files so there is nothing for me to see. You can insert a screenshot by using the camera icon.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this one would work.

What I see in my project

What I see on my hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep trying!

Are you trying to paste in images? Maybe from earlier in the thread?

You must use the camera icon.

All I need to know is if you open the locally generated copy, are the images also missing there?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Peter, I'm sorry but I the camera Icon is not available for me.

But, I'll try to explain to you in an order way.

After generating the subproject.

If I go on the hard drive, in the subproject folder the images are OK. But if I go after to the mergeprojects folder of the master project, there are not OK, the size of the files is smaller and there is a red X instead of the image.

Is this better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the web interface to post? That's the only way to get the camera icon to appear to place images in your posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the mergeProjects folder, also on your local drive?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided it will not get either of us locked up in a French jail, can you share the project? If you can, zip it up and send it as instructed on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for your information, we have never been able to add sub​​-project in a master without cheating.

According to the procedure described in the manual and online help. It never worked. To get to add a subproject in the master project, here are the steps we need to do:
1 - Compiling the subproject
2 - We need to copy files from the sub-project and go paste them into the master directory \! SSL! \ WebHelp \ mergedProjects \ subproject
3 - And we finally generate the master so that everything appears

About sharing my project, I'll see what I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now you confess your sins.

Forget the online help and manual. Take a look at the pages on my site about merged help. Full tutorials and a project you can download.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will and if I still have problems, I will contact you again.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp