2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 7:39 AM by merv_f RSS

Installation Encountered Errors

merv_f

Trying to install Adobe Drive 2.1, but the installation keeps failing.  I've tried restarting as recommended, but it makes no difference.  Looks like it is hiccuping on Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 payload.  Installer executed with "Run as admin...", as usual.

Here's the relevant software already on my system:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Web Premium CS5

Visual Studio 2008 Pro

Visual Studio 2010 Express

For details, here is the installation log from a failed attempt: Log File

Almost forgot to mention that the Installation Log Analyzer turned up no results.

• 1. Re: Installation Encountered Errors
          Gang_Z Community Member

Hi merv_f

From the log you provided, it seems Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 payload installation failed, you can try to do the following steps:

1) Go to payloads\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 directory in the AD 2.1 installer path.

2) Double click Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msi to install it manullay, you can choose to remove it first from the prompt dialog, then install it, or repare it to make sure Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 is installed successfully.

3) Relaunch AD 2.1 set-up exe.

You can refer to the thread : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/664080?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true

Any further problems, pls post here, thanks.

• 2. Re: Installation Encountered Errors
            merv_f Community Member

Yes. That solved the problem.

I first ran repair on VC80_x86 as suggested, and then re-ran the installer.  It failed again, but it did get past the VC80_x86 payload, and instead died on VC90_x86.  In the end, I had to manually run a repair on all three of the Microsoft payloads before the installer made it through okay.