2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 7:39 AM by merv_f RSS

Installation Encountered Errors

Trying to install Adobe Drive 2.1, but the installation keeps failing.  I've tried restarting as recommended, but it makes no difference.  Looks like it is hiccuping on Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 payload.  Installer executed with "Run as admin...", as usual.

Here's the relevant software already on my system:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Web Premium CS5

Visual Studio 2008 Pro

Visual Studio 2010 Express

For details, here is the installation log from a failed attempt: Log File

Almost forgot to mention that the Installation Log Analyzer turned up no results.

• 1. Re: Installation Encountered Errors
          Gang_Z Community Member

Hi merv_f

From the log you provided, it seems Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 payload installation failed, you can try to do the following steps:

1) Go to payloads\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 directory in the AD 2.1 installer path.

2) Double click Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msi to install it manullay, you can choose to remove it first from the prompt dialog, then install it, or repare it to make sure Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 is installed successfully.

3) Relaunch AD 2.1 set-up exe.

You can refer to the thread : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/664080?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true

Any further problems, pls post here, thanks.

• 2. Re: Installation Encountered Errors
            merv_f Community Member

Yes. That solved the problem.

I first ran repair on VC80_x86 as suggested, and then re-ran the installer.  It failed again, but it did get past the VC80_x86 payload, and instead died on VC90_x86.  In the end, I had to manually run a repair on all three of the Microsoft payloads before the installer made it through okay.