• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording video on web page

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a tutorial on how to do something, but the web page that I want to record has a short video segment that I want captured along with the other instructions I will give.

How do I capture the video part...it just shows up blank when I record. The flash animation around it records but not the video.

How do I capture all of it?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KevinAFL and welcome to our community

Unfortunately, Captivate wasn't designed to capture video like this. You might be able to capture the video separately or possibly locate it in your internet cache and add it as a separate item. But that largely depends on the format of the video. If it's a .SWF, .FLV or .AVI you might have luck. Otherwise, another option would be to use Flash (assuming you have it at your disposal and know how to use it) and export from Flash as .SWF for inclusion in your Captivate movie.

Hopefully others will add to this with more or better suggestions.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Captiv8r,

Thanks...that's what I thought. I was trying to avoid having to locate the video file since no one seems to know who the contact person is... bummer dude.

Thanks for your prompt reply!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources