• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML Expanding Hotspot and Text Not Available

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 8.0.2. Just uninstalled RoboHelp from one workstation and loaded it onto another. I also moved my project to a new folder - I am now publishing the content thru an IIS server. The Options under DHTML are greyed out. I'm assuming there is a component missing. Does any one know what this might be or if a missing component is not the issue, what the problem may be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You do realize that these options aren't usually available until you select something first, right?

For example, if you just open a topic and haven't selected anything inside the topic yet, the options are generally disabled. But if you first select some text, then click the menu, more options are available because you have first selected something.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha - that's hilarious. I must seem like an idiot or something. Yes, of course I know you need to have text selected in order for the options to be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I made you feel like an idiot. That certainly wasn't my intent. You'd be surprised at the number of folks that are oblivious to that little tidbit.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No  worries, Rick. I completely understand your need to cover the basics. Sometimes we make things much more complicated than it needs to be and forget there is often times an easy solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found it's a bit picky with selections. If you make sure you don't select the paragraph mark (or where it would be in Word, anyway) then the DHTML options should be available. So rather than clicking to the left of a paragraph to select the entire para, click and drag across the text and you should be right.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr, thanks. You are right that the design features can be a bit picky. When viewing the content on the web, the expanding hot spot works as expected. However, when I view the topic in RoboHelp the options under DHTML are disabled.

If I double click on the text with the hot spot, the Expanding Text Editor pops up but there is no info displayed. I was able to Right Click on the text and select 'Remove Expanding Text'. I am going to just start over - seems less complicated and less stressful. I do wonder if all my files/topics were not transferred properly thus why I am having issues.

Thanks for the replies. I love Adobe Forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I hadn't realised you were trying to edit existing ones. In this case, the DHTML menu is mostly greyed out all the time. To edit, as you know, is double-click (or right-click).

The blank edit window sounds familiar, but the only topic I could find was for X5, and a shutdown and restart apparently fixed that temporary glitch.

You could try the Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics function. Or try re-upgrading a backup of your project.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp