• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webpage won't recognize flash player version

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several websites I visit where the page tells me that I need to download the latest version.  I do that but it still won't work.  I've tried cleaning out my cookies cache, temp internet files, turning off my Norton Internet Security 2010 (v17.8.0.5) and reinstalling flash, etc.  So far nothing works.  I'm the only user on this computer and also the Administrator.  I don't use any other browsers besides IE.  Google Chrome was installed once when it was coupled to an update for a program I updated but has been uninstalled.  I don't know how to determine when and what blocked Shockwave the 9 times indicated (see below)

IE8 (32-bit version)

Add-on Info

Shockwave Flash Object (enabled) - v10.1.102.64
Use count:              56270
Block count:            9
File:                   Flash10l.ocx
Under More Information:  "You have approved this add-on to run on the following websites:  * (in the box) and "allow on all sites" is greyed out.

In C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash -  the files/folders listed are:

FlashPlayer Trust (folder w/ file "rpconverter.cfg" file dated 10/22/10 but folder dated 11/29/09)
Flash10l.ocx      (dated 1/1/11)

FlashInstall.txt      (dated 1/1/11)

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll      (dated 1/1/11)

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe      (dated 1/1/11)

install.txt      (dated 6/8/10)

Shockwave ActiveX Control (enabled) - v11.5.8.612
Use count:              11
Block count:            0
File:                   SwDir.dll
Under More Information:  "You have approved this add-on to run on the following websites:  * (in the box) and "allow on all sites" is greyed out.

In C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adobe\Director - the files are:

M5drvr32.exe

M5if32.dll

np32dsw.dll

SwDir.dll

SWDNLD.exe

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and is there a version information displayed under it?

If so, Flash Player is correctly installed and working.

What are the websites telling you to install it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see the animation and it lists the current version.  I did uninstall SW and update it.  For some reason I would do that one and get the installation complete but it would still be the old version.  Now it's correct.

The websites are usually ones with site ads for store sites like http://lowes.shoplocal.com/lowes/default.aspx?action=entryflash&storeref=1538 which is the most recent one to be problematic.  I'm also having some issues with Java because I'm getting the little error icon in the lower left of the status bar.  That might be what's causing the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  If I log on to BBC iPlayer I get a blue pop-up saying that I need to download the latest Flash version, at least later than v 6.  But I have checked and I have installed v 10.2 (confirmed by the Adobe check).  This is when using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP.  A friend of mine has tried on her computer with the same settings and does not have this problem.  What do I do?  Suggestions appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Telegraph Sam wrote:

What do I do?

Start a new topic, instead of resurrecting a four month old topic with a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. your Shockwave Player is old and needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines