• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB 4 trial (4.0.1) ends soon, but i can only PRE-order FB 4.5: help !

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I am working with the Flash Builder 4.01 Trial and now I have 8 days left before it stops working. So I went to the Adobe Store to order FB 4, but I was surprised to fid out that Flash Builder only seems to be available in version 4.5 which only can be pre-ordered. Well, I did just that but at the end of this procedure Adobe lets me know that it might take untill May 3 before FB is available !

This means to me that the project that I have been working on is forced to a stop for 2 weeks!

Did I miss something out? This must be a mistake, or what? Otherwise I find this a totally unacceptable way of marketing Flash Builder. Are there any alternatives? I do not have FB 3, I must find a way to extend the trial of FB 4 or get FB 4 within a week to be able to keep working on my project.

Please help me out.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

You could work with the preview version of burrito until May, that should last you the 2 weeks right?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I asked our Fb Product Manager about this, and he said you would need to do this in the other direction: if you order FB4 now, you can get a free upgrade to FB 4.5 when it's available by calling Customer Service.

If you speak with Customer Service directly, they should be able to straighten things out.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Problem with the solution you suggested is that I can not find another

version of Flash Builder than 4.5.

At http://www.adobe.com/products/ there is just "Flash Builderâ„¢ 4.5" nothing

else.

But I guess contacting Customer Service, as soon as I get back from my

holiday trip, might clarify how to get the mysterious FB 4.

Paul (duiffie)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could work with the preview version of burrito until May, that should last you the 2 weeks right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, definitely echo the suggestion of using buritto in the interim.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder_burrito/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded Burrito, all seems fine now, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines