Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTTP

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

OK i have found loads of people having this same problem however i am unable to find a solution that works for me.

The issue is that i need to access a third party service which sits on a 128 bit encrypted machine and everytime i hit the URL i get the words "CONNECTION FAILURE" even though i can put the URL into the browser and view the XML as i need to.

It is fine when i put the url http://myurl.com but the issues is simply around https://myurl.com

Surley somebody has come across this or there is a patch available or on the way????

I found this link on the web but it did NOT work as i hoped it might - ( http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=25AA75A4-45A6-2844-7CA3EECD842DB576 )
So when i try to run the keytool to import the cert you get the error not an x.509 cert..

This seems to be around for years - why is this?

All help very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of coldfusion? cfmx7 has better support for certificates and certifcate chains. I believe there are problems with certificate chaining in cfmx6. Not sure about 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: mrampson
What version of coldfusion? cfmx7 has better support for certificates and certifcate chains. I believe there are problems with certificate chaining in cfmx6. Not sure about 6.1.

Yep i am using Version 7.0 (Version: 7,0,0,91690 to be exact)

Should have mentioned it.

Also working from windows machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be rejecting the connection because it doesn't see a user agent. You can use CFHTTPPARAM to add
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
to your CFHTTP request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be rejecting the connection because it doesn't see a user agent. You can use CFHTTPPARAM to add
to your CFHTTP request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: jdeline
to your CFHTTP request.

no this in not the issue - it is got to do with the fact that their server is 128 bit encry[ted and i was told that 56 bit is that max cfhttp can post to - is that true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation