• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless powerpoint to captivate links

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a web-based elearning course and would like to use a combination of ppt slides and captivate movies. I wasn't impressed with the quality of ppt slides when imported into captivate, and I also think it will be a pain to do any future updates (first in ppt and then imported into captivate). So, I've decided to keep the ppt presentation in it's original ppt format. I've created a menubuilder page which links to the ppt presentation and I've uploaded it to the elearning site. This works fine for lessons which are completely in ppt format (the last slide has a button that links back to the menubuilder main page). Some lessons are a combination of slides and "show me" movies in SWF format. I added a hyperlink to link the ppt slide to the SWF file online. I'm just wondering how I link the SWFfile back to the appropriate slide in the ppt presentation so the trainee can continue in the ppt presentation where he/she left off. I can add a button to the SWF file to link back to the ppt file, but I'm thinking it would link back to the first slide of the ppt; not where the user left off before he/she started the demo(SWF). Should I just give up and import the slides into Captivate? Please say "no don't give up!" ;)
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat773

I'm seldom one to tell anyone to give up. One thing I'm wondering is if you can link from PowerPoint into a new window and have PowerPoint simply remain on the slide where you linked. Then once the user is finished with the movie, they simply close it. This would leave PowerPoint right at the place where they left off.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great idea! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources