• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder / Flash Player / 64 bit OS issues.

Advocate ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a flex application using my flash builder, and as soon as I hit Control+F11 I can see a browser instance (IE 8) getting opened with a swf "loading" preloader, but nothing comes up after that and all I can see is a blank white screen.

I've tried installing Flash Player / Flash Player ActiveX for 64 bit operating systems, but nothing worked out.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try running a simple flex app that just has a button with a label to see if that works?

Does the same Flex app work in the 32-bit version of Flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anirudh for your reply.

I've tried the same example that you suggested, but I had no luck. My Flash Builder 4.0 is running on Windows Vista (64 bit).

What could be the cause for this?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can see the preloader, flash player is present.

The preloader loads RSLs required by Flex and then you see the main app. For some reason this part is not working for you. This is the part we have to figure out.

To see if this is player specific, can you also try your app in Google Chrome/Firefox?

Also to confirm: Can you change your link type to "merged into code" in Project properties -> Flex Build path to see if that affects this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines