Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange font when printing pdf with Reader X

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Who can help? I recently upgraded from Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 to Adobe Reader X. Since then, a strange problem occurs. When printing a pdf files to a printer, the font is changed. When viewing the file on the screen and printing them with version 9, everything is OK. The Arial font appears as it should. But when printing, a very ugly font type appears. The pdf files I use contain only a 'standard' Arial and Myriad Web font.This problem is very annoying.

Can somebody help? I use version 10.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have read that there is a problem with Reader 10 X and HP printers. It prints some PDF files (Randomly) in a strange language, may be greek or something. I have removed reader X from my computer and downloaded Reader 9 until this problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem a small issue to me. The printed output differs substantially from the pdf file. Shouldn't it have been repaired yet? I don't think I'm the only one with this problem.

By the way, version 9 cannot be found anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go the attached web page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/

(http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/) , you

will see "download an older version" underneath

the Download Adobe reader.

If you click in this link (download an older version), you

can pick from version 8 and 9.

Since erasing version 10 and downloading version 9.4,

my problem has gone away completely.

As with you, I consider this a major problem. It certainly added

a lot of grief to my life when I could not trust my printer

output at all.

Hope this helps.

Marsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your hint. I deinstalled Reader X and installed Reader 9.4 again. Now, the problem is solved and the output is as it shoul be.

Igor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got the idea from another person who responded

on the forum. The forum is helpful as you get good information

from others.

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem not with the HP printer but with a CANON MX7600. Please inform, when a solution for Reader X is available. I'll go back to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Will go back to version 9.4, but really disappointed.

Hope the bug is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Went back to 9.4 but had the same problem, so have reinstalled 10. So, maybe there is something wrong with the fonts on some web pages? The page I am trying to print to pdf prints out OK on my canon printer and displays OK on the web page, but printing to pdf makes most of the fonts, not the headings, appear as an alien language. The page has a print icon on it and I used that to print.

I worked around the problem by selecting all the text and pasting it to a Word Docx. Printing that to a pdf worked just fine, but obviously the page does not look the same as it just has the words and not the appearance.

Am I doing something wrong or does printing to pdf have this happen sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines